When you need a bearing solution that helps your applications to run efficiently, you don't necessarily want the biggest, strongest parts. Thin section bearings are a lightweight, compact solution that may be the perfect fit for the needs of your applications.
Thin Section Bearing Features
Small bearings can be strong, too. Quality thin section bearings are very stiff without adding excess bulk or weight to your designs. These parts also provide a variety of other key benefits, such as:
- Multiple available cross sections and sizes
- Multi-load capabilities
- Various cage options, including nylon segmented, nylon snap over, brass, and phenolic
- Competitive market prices due to volume-sensitive and efficient production
- Average lead times of 6 to 8 weeks from order date on most standard sizes
- Parts produced with 100 percent domestic components
Thin Section Bearing Specifications
While thin section bearings have several beneficial features, there are also many specifications for these parts. To start, there are three general types of thin section bearings that SSB offers:
- Radial – C Type
- Angular – A Type
- 4-Point – X-Type
At SSB, we manufacture all the popular cross section sizes (3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", and 1/2"), although there are many other important thin section bearing specifications. These include:
- Production capability up to 20"
- Standard product produced to ABEC 1 precision class (ABEC 3 also available)
- Standard steel material of 52100 (M-50 and 440C stainless steel also available)
- Standard rolling element of 10 ASI 52100 steel balls (440C Stainless Steel and Silicone Nitride (Ceramic) also available)
- Buna N rubber, Stainless Steel shields, and glass reinforced PTFE seals available
- Engineered specials offered with Thin Dense Chrome plating
Thin Section Bearing Applications
In general, thin section bearings can be hugely beneficial for environments where Space is valuable. Add in a need for these bearings to maintain a high level of quality and performance, and thin section bearings emerge as a top choice. These requirements make thin section bearings a natural match for medical, machine tool, and robotics applications, but there are many other industries that can benefit from these parts. These include:
- Military Turrets
- Material Handling
- Textile Machinery
- Optical Equipment
Solve Your Your Search for Thin Section Bearings with SSB
When you need a bearing that's strong, but not bulky, it may be time to invest in thin section bearings. At Slim Section Bearings, we provide businesses with quality thin section bearing products that help you get the most out of your applications. If the right solution doesn't exist, our engineers can work on a custom bearing solution to make sure your applications are good to go.
Need thin section bearings for your business? Contact us online today to let us know about your bearing needs.